Chinese Canadian Artifacts Project

Item CHL_Add. Mss. 419 - Dorothy (Chung) Kostrzewa Interview

标题和责任声明版块

Title proper

Dorothy (Chung) Kostrzewa Interview

总体资料名称

  • Sound recording

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

标题说明

  • Source of title proper: Title is based on content of sound recording.

描述层级

Item

参考代码

CA CHL CHL_Add. Mss. 419

版本版块

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

资料细节等级版块

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

创建日期版块

日期

  • 1983 (Creation)
    Creator
    Chilliwack Museum and Historical Society
    地点
    Chilliwack, BC

物理描述版块

Physical description

1 cassette tape

出版社连续出版物版块

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

文献著录版块

创建者名称

Chilliwack Museum and Historical Society (1957-)

管理历史

The Chilliwack Valley Historical Society was first organized in 1957 when the constitution was drawn up, with Oliver Wells elected president. According to the Minutes of the first general meeting of the Chilliwack Historical Society, April 10, 1957, Allan M. Guinet served as the chair. A draft constitution was presented, and it was moved by Oliver Wells, seconded by J.A. Barber that the proposed rules and constitution be adopted and confirmed. The chairman called for the election of trustees, with the following nominated and confirmed: Dr. Jack Barber, Oliver Wells, Allan M. Guinet, Mary Hickman, Jean MacNaughton, Richard Malloway, Ruth Goodall, Jack Davies, Mary Anderson, Alan Kirkby. In 1958, the first museum was located in the Nowell Street police station and in 1962 was moved to the old library. In 1971 a new wing of Evergreen Hall was completed and the museum and archives was moved in there and the museum was entitled the Wells Centennial Museum. In 1981, the society changed its name to the current Chilliwack Museum and Historical Society. That same year, the society received use of the old city hall on Spadina Avenue. After six years, the museum re-opened, leaving Evergreen Hall for the use of the archives as well as storage facilities for artifacts not on display at the museum. In 2011 the archival storage and research area in Evergreen Hall was expanded by 4000 square feet.

保管历史

范围和内容

Interview with Dorothy (Chung) Kostrzewa. Signed consent form, 5 page tape outline, copies of essays from other Add.Mss collections relating to Chinese in Chilliwack, and a 11 page transcription of Tape 1 and 2.

说明版块

物理条件

藏品直接来源

Arrangement

Language of material

  • 英文

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

No reproduction without prior written approval of the Chilliwack Museum and Archives.

Finding aids

Finding aid available at the Chilliwack Museum and Archives.

Associated materials

See Add. Mss. 814 (Chilliwack Museum and Historical Society).

相关资料

Accruals

备选标识符

标准书号版块

Standard number

检索点

地点检索点

体裁检索点

控制版块

Description record identifier

机构标识符

规则或惯例

Rules for Archival Description

状态

Draft

细节层级

创建, 修改以及删除日期

2015/12/08

Language of description

  • 英文

Script of description

来源

Accession area