Chinese Canadian Artifacts Project

File File 6 - Chinese-Canadians

标题和责任声明版块

Title proper

Chinese-Canadians

总体资料名称

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

标题说明

  • Source of title proper: Title is based on the content of the file.

描述层级

File

参考代码

CA CHL CHL_AM 257-File 6

版本版块

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

资料细节等级版块

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

创建日期版块

日期

  • 1979 (Creation)
    Creator
    Chilliwack Museum and Historical Society
    地点
    Chilliwack, BC

物理描述版块

Physical description

1 cm textual records

出版社连续出版物版块

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

文献著录版块

创建者名称

Chilliwack Museum and Historical Society (1957-)

管理历史

The Chilliwack Valley Historical Society was first organized in 1957 when the constitution was drawn up, with Oliver Wells elected president. According to the Minutes of the first general meeting of the Chilliwack Historical Society, April 10, 1957, Allan M. Guinet served as the chair. A draft constitution was presented, and it was moved by Oliver Wells, seconded by J.A. Barber that the proposed rules and constitution be adopted and confirmed. The chairman called for the election of trustees, with the following nominated and confirmed: Dr. Jack Barber, Oliver Wells, Allan M. Guinet, Mary Hickman, Jean MacNaughton, Richard Malloway, Ruth Goodall, Jack Davies, Mary Anderson, Alan Kirkby. In 1958, the first museum was located in the Nowell Street police station and in 1962 was moved to the old library. In 1971 a new wing of Evergreen Hall was completed and the museum and archives was moved in there and the museum was entitled the Wells Centennial Museum. In 1981, the society changed its name to the current Chilliwack Museum and Historical Society. That same year, the society received use of the old city hall on Spadina Avenue. After six years, the museum re-opened, leaving Evergreen Hall for the use of the archives as well as storage facilities for artifacts not on display at the museum. In 2011 the archival storage and research area in Evergreen Hall was expanded by 4000 square feet.

保管历史

范围和内容

File consists of typewritten notes relating to the Chinese Ethnic Study undertaken by the Chilliwack Museum and Historical Society. Notes include a transcript of an interview with Bob Maitland (1979), interview with Mrs. Jack Robinson (1979), interview with Maxine Smith (1979), interview with Frank Hall, and an interview with Wally Chung (1979). File contains two copy photographs: 1) Wally Chung's parents tombstones and 2) Chinese graveyard marking stones at Little Mountain cemetery

说明版块

物理条件

藏品直接来源

Arrangement

Language of material

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Finding aids

Finding aids available at the Chilliwack Museum and Archives

Associated materials

相关资料

Accruals

备选标识符

标准书号版块

Standard number

检索点

主题检索点

地点检索点

名称检索点

体裁检索点

控制版块

Description record identifier

机构标识符

规则或惯例

状态

细节层级

创建, 修改以及删除日期

Language of description

Script of description

来源

Accession area

相关主题

相关的人和组织

相关地点

相关体裁