- CA CUMB CUMB_982.092.009
Narrow your results by:
64 有数字对象的结果 显示有数字对象的结果
The writing inside of the book reads “add, subtract, divide, multiply.”
This bible was used in the Presbyterian Church in Chinatown, Cumberland B.C. in 1906 by Mr. Low C. Yin.; 1906 or 1895
Mr. Low C. Yin
This is a wallhanging from a Leung Grocery Ltd. calendar. The wall-hanging is a painted scene of a cottage by a lake or river, with ducks flying by. It is set in a cardboard frame.
Leung Grocery Ltd.
This magazine is Issue 290 of the 7th year. There is an ad for Calgan dental cream on the back cover.
Textbook titled “From China to Canada: A History of the Chinese Communities in Canada” by authors H. Con, R. Con, G. Johnson, E. Wickberg, and W. Willmott ; the book was printed in 1982 and published by Mcelland and Steward Ltd.
Mcelland and Steward Ltd.
The Republican Series, Ethical Readers
The stamp on this envelope reads: “Hung Fung Wing Kee, Imports of Groceries, Fancy Goods, Etc. Box 187, Cumberland B.C. “
Hung Fung Wing Kee
The writing on this label reads: “Tiger Trademark, Registered Tjap Harimau” and “Eng Aun Tong, Tjap Harimau, Tiger Balm, Matjam.”
Eng Aun Tong
This cheque is from the Bank of Montreal; Cheque No. 18277; $1000; "on demand pay to: Wing Hong Chong; from Victoria B.C.; some writing on the back.
Bank of Montreal
The 27th year (1938) gold loan of the Republic of China.
The Republic of China
These paper monies are called “Hell Bank Notes,” and amount to $50,000,000 each- only to be used in Hell . Ceremonial monies of this kind are still in use today. Photograph shows front and back.
These papers are only used on the birthday of someone who is deceased. The symbols mean “Longevity, and double happiness.”
The paper is representing cloth; This kind of ceremonial paper is still used in ceremonies today. A-F shown in photo.
This item was used to practice writing Chinese Characters.
The scroll was commissioned by Man Li.
This money was made at the turn of the century in Canada.
The Chinese residents of Cumberland B.C. were housed at an outbuilding in the hospital which was connected by a walkway after the 1923 explosion